ACC Officially Endorses
Rep. John Katko NY-24
"As an avid outdoorsman, I believe it is crucial to advance initiatives that work to preserve our environment for generations to come. Here in Central New York, our lands, waters, and wetlands are not only local treasures but are also key resources that strengthen and drive our regional economy. For this reason, I have led efforts in Congress to protect our environment through reauthorizing critical programs like the Brownfields program, supported policies to address climate change in pro-growth ways, and protected our public lands through support of the Land and Water Conservation Fund and the Antiquities Act. I support the efforts of the American Conservation Coalition and stand with them as they encourage young people to become thoughtful stewards of our environment."
- Worked to save Fitzpatrick Nuclear Plant
- Supports an all-of-the-above energy policy, clean energy, and energy independence
- Consistently votes to protect important public lands
- Current cosponsor of H.R. 4647, the National Park Legacy Act
- Current cosponsor of H.R. 195, a resolution focused on conservative environmental stewardship