ACC Officially Endorses
Rep. Brian Mast FL-18
"The most important issue in this election is the devastation of the water quality in our community. This impacts us all: businesses are forced to close, people get sick, animals are killed and our environment is destroyed. That's why, during my time in Congress, I've championed efforts to restore our environment and protect our economy. Working together, we have a commitment to authorize the EAA Southern Storage Reservoir, we've gotten full funding to expedite completion of the Herbert Hoover Dike, and we've secured hundreds of millions of dollars to combat toxic algal blooms, prevent harmful agricultural runoff and restore the Everglades. Our campaign is not about one individual, but about defending our community and putting people first."
- Committed to finding solutions for the Lake Okeechobee water problem
- His priorities in Congress are strengthening conservation programs, defending the environment, keeping the air clean and protecting waterways
- Educated in Environmental Studies, specifically working on watershed and green infrastructure. As a former Water Ambassador for Martin County, he brings this experience when tackling environmental issues in Washington, D.C.
- Sponsor of the Harmful Algal Blooms Solutions Act (HABS). This act promotes improving the types of technology that can clean mass amounts of algae water
- Member of the Climate Solutions Caucus